Friday, October 09, 2009

Couldn't resist

Scroll down for my NFL thoughts and picks.

I had to share this picture. For anybody who roots for the Cubs and has had to listen to St. Louis fans talk about how their team is so great, how they have the most loyal and smartest fan base in the world, how guys like Pujols and LaRussa can do no wrong, how the Cardinals are the God's gift to Earth, all that crap, I present to you...

What a great way to blow a playoff game. One out to go, line drive to your new left fielder - the star acquisition that will put your team over the top - and he misjudges it. Ball hits him in the nuts, game continues, and then the immortal Mark Loretta winds up driving in the game-winner. As a Cubs fan, I would normally have sympathy for the team who choked. But it's the Cards, so I say, gag away.

No comments: