Friday, December 04, 2009

All Q, No A

I haven't blogged for a while, due to school, work, looking for work once I'm done with school, etc. All this time without writing though has put a lot on my mind. So to honor that, here are 10 questions that have been rattling around my skull the last few weeks. Please comment if you have any answers, though I admit that there are a few rhetorical ones. (And not all 10 are sports related)

  1. Do the Bears really have to play the final five games of the season? We already know what they are, a team not talented enough to beat good teams with their offense or their defense. Lets just fast forward to the playoffs so that I and the rest of Chicago don't have to continue to suffer.
  2. Why does McDonalds stop selling breakfast at 10:30 a.m.? Maybe on weekdays it makes sense, but on Saturdays and Sundays, they should extend it until noon. I have McDonalds breakfast maybe twice a year, and it's because the food is insanely unhealthy and it's impossible for me to wake up, get organized and go to Mickey D's before 10:30 in the morning.
  3. Is Carlos Dunlap really that stupid? Getting busted for a DUI at 3 a.m. the week before the biggest college football game of the year. Dunlap may have an insane amount of talent and a high IQ on the field, but he seems to lack some intelligence off it.
  4. Can Tebow do it again? I'm biased, but that won't stop me from saying yes. The Gators D, even without Dunlap, will hold down 'Bama enough for Tebow and whichever skill players show up to put up enough points to give Florida their second consecutive SEC Championship. My pick: Florida 27, Alabama 20
  5. Does the most famous athlete in the world really have to start off a voicemail to his mistress, one he has texted about 300 times, with the phrase, "Hi, this is Tiger..."? Do that and you deserve to be caught.
  6. Is there a funnier show out there than 'Curb Your Enthusiasm'? If so, I'd love to see it. Larry David may go down as the smartest/funniest/most influential person in television during my lifetime.
  7. LeBron, DWade, Chris Bosh and I all want to know, is it the summer of 2010 yet?
  8. Instead of making another album full of crazy sex songs, would it be possible for R. Kelly to just focus on making more chapters for 'Trapped in the Closet'? That would put a smile on my face for weeks.
  9. How much more time until the Bears can fire Lovie, Jerry, Ron, Babich, the entire defensive line, most of the offensive line and anybody else associated with this horrible season? Like the President said, it's time for change.
  10. Am I picking the Buffalo (already lost), Atlanta, Chicago, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Denver, New England, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Carolina, Houston, San Diego, New York Giants, Seattle, Minnesota and Baltimore to win this weekend? This one I actually have a response to: Yes. (Season to date record: 119-58)

No comments: